ABC TV show Australian Story has featured Robert Hoge and his memoir Ugly. I first met Robert when he was four and he had just undergone one of many operations. In the 40 or so years since, I wrote a few newspaper articles about him – when he became a journalist and got married – but now he has taken possession and ownership of his own story, and has written Ugly. He writes with style and humour, and also he writes very clearly. His book is deceptively easy to read.
- Remember when Aussie tennis players made a racket for all the right reasons? February 26, 2019
- Winner announced 4 April 2016 January 26, 2016
- Never out of print 2017 May 8, 2016
- Ross Livermore Lecture – The Origin of THE Origin July 13, 2016
- 50 Years Since The Day the War Was Lost April 3, 2018